[syslinux] Isohybrid wiki page and UEFI

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hpe.com
Sun Oct 25 04:39:53 PDT 2015

Hello,

Ady via Syslinux said on Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 04:10:29PM +0300:
>I still would like more details from Bruno. If indeed "everything"
>needed to boot the OS is inside the FAT image, then at least 2 issues
>could be relevant:
>_ the exact complete characteristics of the FAT image;
>_ the exact complete command line used to build the ISO image.

Hopefully  my other mail gives you the details needed. If not, let me
know what else I should provide.

I'm indeed trying to have everything I need on the boot part of the
ISO9660 image (kernel and an initrd which is normally built by
MondoRescue which then mounts the ISO9660 FS to have access to
additional content once booted). For now I do not seem to get to boot the
kernel.

>There are more matters to consider, such as updating the firmware if
>there is such update available.

My machines are HP BL 460 Gen9 servers with FW I36 07/21/2015, which is
the latest one available, even if I could try to get a beta one if
needed.

>Feedback about tests with the binaries provided by Gene would be
>appreciated.

Wasn't successful with them sorry.

Best regards,
Bruno.