[syslinux] Problem with 90MB Initrd

Mathias Radtke m.radtke at uib.de
Sun Sep 20 23:38:09 PDT 2015

On 18.09.2015 16:35, Gene Cumm wrote:
> 1) This is actually a critical cusp size.  Watch what tftpd you use or
> you'll never get it all.  The tftpd needs to support rollover.
> Consider HTTP as it should be more capable and much faster.
The used TFTPD works fine with BIOS machines.
I have two Initrd images. One is 64bit and almost 90MB and the 32bit is
85MB.
I know that some tftpd have limitations and I use one of these. I am
aware of the problem.
> 2) Start by removing quiet.  it may be supressing your status.
>
> DHCPd config is fine as long as you never want any COM32s in more than
> one architecture.  If you want COM32s in more than one, I suggest
> different directories or one of the other approaches in the WIKI.
Removing quiet seems not to give me more output. The loader just asks
for ldlinux.e$ARCH$

--
Mathias Radtke, uib

mail m.radtke at uib.de