[syslinux] menu.c32 background problem

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 01:43:40 PDT 2017

> Note, I am using syslinux from Ubuntu 16.04.2, presume that is 6.03.
>
> Regards,
> Barry

Before investing time in replying to each different (unexpected)
behavior, I would suggest testing with *pre-built* binaries from
6.04-pre1 downloaded from kernel.org (considering the lack of package
maintenance).

Reminder: *all* (used) syslinux-related binaries pertaining to the
relevant platform (e.g. BIOS) shall match the same version and build
(and platform). For instance, if you want to test 6.04-pre1 pre-built
binaries, you need to use matching lib*.c32 library module files,
ldlinux.*, menu.c32 (among other used c32 modules), executing the
matching installer executable, etc, (all originated from the same
".bios/*" directory tree of the official distribution archives).

After reporting back the resulting behavior with the pre-built
binaries, we'll see which issues actually remain relevant.

@Barry, would you be able to perform such test?

Regards,
Ady.

PS: