[syslinux] extlinux - Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Thu Jul 23 00:05:19 PDT 2020

Thank you for your answer.  I need to correct some information from my
did based on previous experience.  But with that successful build on
development branch, it did not either.

> I would suggest trying first the official binaries that are already
> included in the official distribution archive (6.03-pre1). Let me
> emphasize: first test official binaries, not your own build.

I do not succeed building 6.03 nor 6.04-pre1 on slackware current with
GCC 9 anyway.  This is why I was using the development branch.

v6.04-pre1 make install and installers were complaining so I used its
binaries right away as such (I tried both / and /boot/syslinux/)

         dd if=./bios/mbr/mbr.bin of=/dev/sda
         ./bios/extlinux/extlinux --install /
         cp -f ./bios/com32/lib/libcom32.c32 /
         cp -f ./bios/com32/mboot/mboot.c32 /

but in the end I got the same error as previously:

	Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Thanks
--
Pierre-Philipp